Our Client’s Rights
We at Thompson, Crawford, Brown & Smiley believe that our clients are entitled to at least the following basic rights.All lawyers should promise these items to their clients. Some do, but some don’t. Please call us or contact us and we would be glad to speak with you at any time at (850) 386-5777 about your rights.
- The right to the best efforts of your lawyer and your law firm.
- The right to be treated with respect and courtesy by all Thompson, Crawford, Brown & Smiley personnel.
- The right to have your objectives defined and understood before representation begins.
- The right to have an assessment of what can realistically be achieved and a specific time frame to be expected.
- The right to be part of the trial team, along with the right to ask questions and make suggestions regarding strategy.
- The right to know and consider alternative methods of dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration.
- The right to know and speak with the attorney who will be handling your matter and the right to select the attorney.
- The right to be advised of the status of our work on your behalf and to obtain copies of all pertinent documents.
- The right to an estimate of legal fees and costs during any stage of the representation.
- The right to a detailed accounting of time spent by the attorneys and the costs expended on the client’s behalf.
- The right to a detailed accounting of money held in trust by the firm.
- The right to have telephone calls returned and letters responded to promptly.