PROBATE ATTORNEYS AND ESTATE ATTORNEYS IN NORTH FLORIDA
Expert Legal Guidance for Probate Matters
At Thompson, Crawford, Brown & Smiley, our experienced attorneys have a proven track record in navigating the complexities of probate. Hiring a probate attorney in Tallahassee, Florida is essential for navigating the complex legal procedures and ensuring a smooth and efficient administration of an estate.
Our understanding of state-specific probate laws and regulations ensures compliance and minimizes the risk of costly errors or disputes. When you hire our team, we can mitigate potential challenges, streamline the administration process, and achieve a timely and fair resolution, all while alleviating the burden and stress associated with your probate matters.
What is Probate?
Probate is the legal process by which a person’s assets are distributed after death. The entire process includes the court-supervised transfer of a deceased person’s assets to their beneficiaries and the payment of any outstanding debts or outstanding taxes.
How our Tallahassee based Probate Attorneys can help
Our team can provide invaluable guidance and support throughout the entire probate process including:
• preparing and filing necessary documents,
• representing the client’s interests in court,
• asset valuation,
• debt settlement,
• beneficiary claims,
• and tax obligations.
About Thompson, Crawford, Brown & Smiley
Our litigation knowledge and experience is vast with a history of success in State, Appellate, Florida Supreme Court, U.S. District, U.S. Circuit appellate and Bankruptcy Courts. Founded in 1993, our commitment to superior legal services has always been our cornerstone.
Each of our partners has a broad knowledge base in addition to a specialty that allows them to further their understanding of their chosen law specialization:
- Thomas Thompson’s primary practice is in the litigation field, both as plaintiff and defense counsel.
- Scott Smiley’s practice concentrates on complex family Law matters.
- William Crawford handles the firm’s commercial litigation, bankruptcy, corporate and real estate.
- Mallory Brown is involved in most of the practice areas of the firm including employment claims, probate, and estate planning.
- Alyssa Silva primarily practices in family law