EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEYS IN NORTH FLORIDA
Expert Legal Guidance for Employment Law Issues
In the complex world of employment, legal issues can arise unexpectedly, impacting both employees and employers alike. At Thompson, Crawford, Brown, & Smiley, we are dedicated to addressing a wide range of employment-related concerns. Our experienced attorneys specialize in navigating the intricacies of employment law, providing expert counsel and steadfast advocacy when you need it most.
Common Issues Where an Attorney May Be Necessary:
1. Workplace Discrimination and Harassment: Employees have the right to a safe and respectful workplace environment. If you have experienced discrimination based on race, gender, age, disability, religion, or any other protected characteristic, or if you have been subjected to harassment, our attorneys can help you take legal action.
2. Wrongful Termination: If you believe you were terminated unfairly, whether due to discrimination, retaliation, or breach of contract, our attorneys can assess your situation, determine the validity of your claim, and guide you through the legal process.
3. Wage and Hour Disputes: Unpaid wages, overtime violations, and disputes over employee classifications are common issues in the workplace. Our attorneys can assist both employees and employers in resolving these matters, ensuring fair compensation and compliance with wage laws.
4. Employment Contracts: Whether you are negotiating a new employment contract, non-compete agreement, or severance package, having a skilled attorney by your side is crucial. We can review, draft, and negotiate contracts to protect your rights and interests.
5. Workplace Retaliation: Employees who report illegal activities, workplace safety violations, or discriminatory practices should not face retaliation. If you have experienced adverse actions in response to whistleblowing or filing complaints, our attorneys can help you seek justice.
6. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Issues: Understanding and enforcing your rights under FMLA can be challenging. Our attorneys can assist employees in accessing their FMLA benefits and protect them from adverse actions for taking leave under this federal law.
7. Employee Rights and Privacy: Employers must respect employees’ privacy and adhere to labor laws. If your rights have been violated, our attorneys can advocate on your behalf, holding employers accountable for unlawful practices.
Schedule a Consultation:
If you are facing any of these employment-related issues or have concerns about your rights in the workplace, don’t hesitate to contact Thompson, Crawford, Brown, & Smiley. Schedule a consultation with our experienced employment law attorneys. Let us navigate the legal complexities for you, ensuring your rights are protected and your concerns are addressed.
Your workplace should be a space where you are treated with dignity and fairness. Trust Thompson, Crawford, Brown, & Smiley to uphold your rights. Contact us today, and let us be your advocates in the pursuit of justice and workplace equality.
About Thompson, Crawford, Brown & Smiley
Our litigation knowledge and experience is vast with a history of success in State, Appellate, Florida Supreme Court, U.S. District, U.S. Circuit appellate and Bankruptcy Courts. Founded in 1993, our commitment to superior legal services has always been our cornerstone.
Each of our partners has a broad knowledge base in addition to a specialty that allows them to further their understanding of their chosen law specialization:
- Thomas Thompson’s primary practice is in the litigation field, both as plaintiff and defense counsel.
- Scott Smiley’s practice concentrates on complex family Law matters.
- William Crawford handles the firm’s commercial litigation, bankruptcy, corporate and real estate.
- Mallory Brown is involved in most of the practice areas of the firm including employment claims, probate, and estate planning.
- Alyssa Silva primarily practices in family law